Are you a Python developer and ready for a new challenge? Great! At Goldmund, Wyldebeast & Wunderliebe we would love to expand our team and it would be a pleasure to have you join us! In short: we offer a great team to work with, the opportunity to spend time on innovation and some great customers and projects to work for.
Goldmund Wyldebeast & Wunderliebe
At Goldmund, Wyldebeast & Wunderliebe we value enjoyable work more than profit, innovation more than standardization and culture more than skills. We try to spend a great part of our time exploring new techniques, so we can serve our customers in the best way possible and we stay ahead of the game.
Contents of the job
As a software developer at Goldmund, Wyldebeast & Wunderliebe you are programming in the popular language Python. Project activities are very diverse and vary from case to case. Within a project you are free to choose the framework to be used, as long as you can justify the choice and you work with the latest (stable) software versions.
At Goldmund, Wyldebeast & Wunderliebe we work a lot with Django, a versatile framework which in many cases perfectly fits for projects with a lot of customizations. We also work a lot with Plone when it comes to a large CMS-, DMS- or intranet- solutions with many users and different roles. For smaller projects or standalone services you are free to work with Flask, Pyramid or other (new) technologies. Experience with Python and/or one of the frameworks mentioned above is a plus.
Innovation is part of our DNA: at the moment we are exploring the Internet-of-Things, Virtual and Augmented Reality, Minecraft and other new solutions. Broadening your horizon and increasing your skillset will therefore be an important part of your work.
We value results and action above processes and decision making, so we prefer working Agile, and for many projects this means working in a Scrum team. We use techniques such as Puppet for managing the servers, Git for version control, Fabric for rolling out deployments, PostgreSQL as a database, Apache/mod_wsgi and Nginx/Gunicorn as a web server, Varnish for caching, for Redis key/value storage, SOLR and Elasticsearch for indexing and haproxy for load balancing.
What we are looking for
Goldmund, Wyldebeast & Wunderliebe is looking for someone who:
- Can work independently but is also a good team player;
- Has a bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent job related experience;
- Is fluent in English and preferably also in Dutch;
- Likes table football and/or table tennis.
The following is considered a plus:
- Experience with one or more of the above mentioned Python frameworks;
- Experience with one or more of the above listed techniques;
- Residing in/around Amsterdam;
- Being a fan of beer and croquettes.
What we offer
Goldmund, Wyldebeast & Wunderliebe is offering:
- A diverse and fun job with plenty of career opportunities;
- Lots of freedom and responsibility – you will be challenged to make a difference!
- A fresh lunch every day;
- Excellent working conditions, like a good salary and the laptop of your choice;
- Regular office drinks, pizza moments and an occasional ‘Cooking for Colleagues’;
- A soccer table, table tennis and of course ‘Smash Brothers’;
- A great team full of super friendly colleagues!